Do i need underinsured motorist coverage in az?

While the law requires that all Arizona motorists have liability insurance, not all Arizona motorists have current liability coverage. In addition, motorists can come to Arizona from other states or countries and not have liability coverage on their vehicles. Yes, you need coverage for uninsured drivers, even if you have comprehensive and collision coverage. Collision insurance will pay for the repair of your vehicle if you are hit by an uninsured driver, but it won't cover any of your medical expenses and comprehensive insurance won't cover your expenses at all after a collision.

Comprehensive insurance only pays for repairs if your car is damaged by something other than a collision, such as acts of vandalism or a natural disaster. And you would need coverage for uninsured motorists. Read the full answer on personal injury protection (PIP) or MedPay to cover your medical expenses after a collision with an uninsured driver. The burden posed by uninsured motorists is a growing concern, as the costs associated with such an accident can be harmful to the victims involved.

In Arizona, coverage for uninsured drivers isn't mandatory. Uninsured motorist insurance is part of an auto insurance policy that covers the policyholder against uninsured motorists and drivers who hit the road. Uninsured motorist insurance is known as Arizona hit and run insurance. In the state of Arizona, all drivers must have liability coverage.

However, this doesn't stop some people from driving with limited or no insurance. In addition, people can enter the state without having adequate insurance coverage. If you're involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, UMBI and UMPD coverages can help. Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage protects the policyholder by paying for injuries or damages that result from a car accident caused by a driver who does not have enough insurance.

If the other driver involved in your accident doesn't have enough insurance or doesn't have it at all, you'll have to file an uninsured or underinsured driver claim with your own insurance company. As a traditional at-fault state, victims of car accidents in Arizona can pursue the personal property of the at-fault driver if they don't have adequate insurance coverage.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked *