Does insurance follow the car or driver in arizona?

Car insurance generally includes cars in Arizona. The types of car insurance that follow the car in Arizona are liability for bodily injury, liability for personal injury, collision, and all risks. You are required to assume responsibility for bodily injuries and property damage in Arizona. In most situations, driver's insurance plays an important role regardless of the car you're driving and who caused the accident.

It's always a risk to lend your car to someone else, because you could definitely end up filing a claim with your own insurance in Arizona. If an uninsured friend takes your car without permission and crashes it, you are responsible for the damage it causes. If both comprehensive auto insurance and collision insurance coverage are linked to the insured vehicle, they follow the car. Also, make sure that your friends have a valid driver's license and car insurance if they're going to use your car.

At the end of the day, one of the best things you can do is consider adding people to your insurance if they use your car regularly. In that case, your insurance would only have to take effect to cover gaps in your insurance policy or if your insurance ran out before the damages were fully covered. If someone else drives your car and has an accident, your car insurance will likely cover any resulting damage. Remember that using your insurance means that you are responsible for paying your deductible, even if it's a friend (and not you personally) who crashes your car.

If you let someone lend you your car and that person causes an accident in Arizona, bodily injury liability insurance pays for the injuries of the other driver and their passengers. However, the responsibility may fall on the friend who keeps your car if they have their own car insurance. However, there are some situations where car insurance follows the driver, such as when car insurance limits are exceeded, in which case driver coverage can be used to cover gaps. You can choose to leave someone out of your insurance because they're a high-risk driver and it's expensive to insure them, such as a new driver with multiple speeding tickets or someone with a history of driving under the influence of alcohol on their driving record.

Car insurance typically follows the car instead of the driver, so the car owner's insurance will cover the accident, even if someone else is driving. If they cause damage in that situation, their insurance policy would be the main coverage, while yours would be the secondary coverage, as long as you can show that you didn't give them permission to use your car.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked *